Xfinity Cable Box Not Working: Quick Fix
Recently my Xfinity cable box started struggling in providing a proper signal and I wasn’t able to see my cable TV. And Xfinity Cable Box Not working issue was later found on my cable box.
I’ve spent hours poring over online guides in an attempt to solve this issue. This article will walk you through the steps of repairing your Xfinity Cable Box in great detail.
The Comcast cable box should be restarted if your Xfinity Cable Box isn’t functioning properly. If this does not resolve the issue, you will need to factory reset the Xfinity cable box.
You can also use the Xfinity my account app to reset your cable box. With the same app, you can also contact customer service and restore the default options.
Comcast Cable Box Not Working No Signal How To Troubleshoot
If the Power Light on your Comcast Cable Box isn’t glowing, try unplugging and replugging the power cable. If this does not resolve the issue, you may need to reset your Comcast Digital Adapter. Follow the below steps to troubleshoot your Xfinity cable box not working issue.
Restarting vs Resetting Xfinity Cable Box
You have two options for repairing your Xfinity Cable Box: reset or restart. Most errors can be resolved simply by restarting the cable box. Restarting the Xfinity Cable Box will result in a system refresh while retaining all previously saved data.
If restarting does not work, you can reset your Xfinity Cable Box. A factory reset clears all previous data and returns the device to its factory settings. If you don’t mind losing saved data, such as recorded programs, use this method.
Try To Restart Your Xfinity Cable TV Box
Your Xfinity Cable box can be restarted in three different ways. Let me guide you through all the methods through which you can restart your cable box below.
Using Power Button On The Cable Box
This is the most simple method, simply turn off your cable box using the power button to fix your issue. Follow the below steps to properly switch off your cable box using the power button.
- Find the power button on your Xfinity Cable Box and press it.
- Hold the button down for approximately 15 seconds.
- After that, the device will automatically restart.
By Removing Power Cable
You can restart your device by unplugging your cable box from the outlet. To regain access to your cable box’s signal, follow these steps:
- Turn off your Xfinity Cable Box if it is not already off.
- Remove the device from the wall outlet.
- Reconnect it to the outlet after 20 seconds.
- To turn on the power, press the Power button.
- After that, your device will automatically restart.
Using Help Menu On Xfinity Cable Box
The following method can be used to restart your cable box if you have an Xfinity remote control.
- On Xfinity Remote Control press menu button.
- Select Restart from the drop-down menu, and then press OK.
- At this point, you will receive a confirmation message in your inbox. Select Restart from the Start menu and press OK.
- Your device’s restart will be completed in a matter of minutes after that.
Perform Factory Reset On Your XFinity Cable Box
The data on the Xfinity Cable box will be lost if it is a factory reset. After you’ve tried all the restarting methods, it’s best to use this option.
Using The Restore Default Option
You can use the remote to perform a factory reset if you don’t want to use the app. Follow the below steps to factory reset your Xfinity Cable Box.
- Hold down the power button on your cable box. In order to verify that the device is operational, look for blinking green lights.
- Press the Power and Menu buttons on your remote control at the same time to access the User Settings.
- The Restore Defaults option can be found by pressing the Up and Down arrows at the same time.
- In order to begin the process of resetting, click the Right button and then press OK
Using Xfinity My Account Application To Reset
Both iOS and Android versions of Xfinity’s “My Account” app can be used. You can perform a factory reset by downloading it to your smartphone. Using the app, follow these steps to perform a factory reset:
- Open the Xfinity My Account App on your smart phone or tablet to access your account information.
- To access the TV option, select it from the Overview Menu.
- Troubleshoot a specific device by selecting it from the list
- To restart your Xfinity Cable Box, go to the Troubleshoot menu, tap Continue Now, and then select System Refresh.
Contact Customer Support
It’s time to call in the experts if you can’t get your Xfinity Cable Box to work properly. Using your cell phone, dial the Customer Care number. During business hours, call 1-800-Comcast or 1-800-266-2278 and provide the technician with your customer account number and the problem you’re experiencing.
Afterward, the technician will use their computer to perform a signal reset. This will re-energize your gadget. This process can take several minutes.
With the help of the above troubleshooting guide, you should be able to resolve the Xfinity Cable Box is no longer working issue. I’ve listed several solutions, but most of the time, simply restarting the cable box should resolve the problem.