This program, which is part of the Xfinity Comcast Stream service, allows you to utilize any connected device like a television and stream whatever you want to watch. You can stream popular movies, series, live sports, channels, and news.
But I recently subscribed to Apple TV to watch the series on their website. And I also wanted to stream and watch Xfinity Comcast on my Apple TV.
HomeKit is my preferred smart home platform and I built my entire entertainment center around it. From watching streaming services to talking to people via my video doorbell, my Apple TV has become indispensable. So whatever I use must be Apple TV compatible. If not, I do my homework and look for alternatives.
Apple TV doesn’t have the Xfinity Stream app yet. On a Web Browser, you can, however, log in to your Xfinity account and allow your Apple TV to access channels on your plan by entering a code into the URL to stream Xfinity.
Does The Apple TV Natively Support Xfinity Comcast?
For the time being, there is no Xfinity Comcast Stream App that is specifically designed for Apple TV. The app, on the other hand, is only available for iOS devices, such as the iPhone and iPad. However, you will no longer be able to use AirPlay to mirror your screen to your Apple TV.
Watch Xfinity Comcast Stream On Apple TV Using Comcast Workaround
Only iOS and iPadOS have the Xfinity Stream App. Aside from that, Xfinity prevents you from mirroring your screen to Apple TV.
Given that both companies are blaming each other and neither is willing to make amends, we Xfinity customers and Apple TV owners are left with few options.
However, there are still a few tricks left in the bag for us. If you know the URLs to these portals, you can still access them and activate channels on your Xfinity Subscription while using an Apple TV, despite the fact that the Authentication System in place is not visible to the general public.
Follow the below steps to get the workaround:
- Access the internet through your web browser and log into your account at the official Xfinity website.
- Navigate to the Xfinity Subscription Plan channel on your Apple TV .
- While signing in, you will see a popup on the screen with an activation code; make a note of it.
- If you try to open the channel again, you will see a URL at the top of the screen. Edit the URL and replace “authenticate?reg code=” with your activation code as noted in the above step. In order for the code to work, all of the letters must be capitalized.
- It may take up to 30 seconds to a minute to authorize, but once it has been completed, you should be able to continue watching television as usual.
To watch another channel, you must first authorize it by going through the same steps. While this works, for the time being, you may notice that it does not in the future. Please let me know if it does not work for you, and I will come up with another solution.
How To Watch Apple TV On Xfinity [Apple TV Xfinity App Hack]
To watch shows on your Apple TV Plus subscription, you need the app called Apple TV App. However, the Apple TV can only be used with some Smart TVs and game consoles.
It doesn’t work on the Xfinity X1 Cable Box or the Xfinity Flex. As of now, there is no way to watch Apple TV on Xfinity, so you can’t do that.
How To Cast From iPhone To Xfinity TV
On your Xfinity cable box and Flex, by default, you can’t cast from your iPhone to your Xfinity TV. To make it work, follow these steps:
- To use your Xfinity remote, simply press the Xfinity button on the device. On your Xfinity Flex, press and hold the home button.
- Enter Settings by using the arrow buttons and then pressing OK.
- Navigate to the Privacy Section, and then press OK.
- Press OK once more to accept the new setting under Mobile Video Casting.
The Netflix, Spotify, and YouTube apps on your iPhone can now be cast to your Xfinity X1 Cable Box or Xfinity Flex, allowing you to enjoy your favorite content wherever you are.
For this to work, your iPhone and Cable Box must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network on your home network.
It should be noted that the RNG150 and Pace XG1v1 X1 TV Boxes do not support casting, so you will not be able to cast anything from the application to these devices.
Unfortunately, there is no Xfinity Comcast Stream app for Apple TV. iOS 11.0 and newer are required to use this app on an iPhone or iPad.
You can, however, use a web browser to log in to your Xfinity account and authorize your Apple TV to access channels. Even though you won’t have to log in every time you visit the channel, you may find that your authorization expires every two weeks and you’ll have to do it all over again.
In addition to Android 5 and up, the Xfinity Stream app is also compatible. So, if you’re interested in Xfinity Comcast but don’t mind using a Roku, I’d suggest that you do so. It’s a good deal at $35.
Try resetting your Xfinity cable box if it doesn’t work. If you don’t want to deal with this sort of thing, you might want to check out the best Xfinity-compatible TVs.
- Vizio iq active 4k hdr processor: inside, the lightning-fast iq active processor.
- Active pixel tuning: intelligent pixel-level brightness adjustments for increased picture accuracy.
- V-gaming engine: automatically makes the latest xbox one and playstation gameplay more responsive.
- Vizio smartcast: with lightning fast navigation, enjoy instant access to the best selection of apps.
- Free streaming channels: a cord-cutters dream, serving up unlimited free viewing.
- Included components: power cable, remote control, stand.
- Xfinity Cable Box Not Working: Quick Fix
- How To Connect WiFi Extender To Spectrum Router
- How To Use AirPlay Or Mirror Screen Without WiFi
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there an Xfinity App For Apple TV?
We regret to inform you that the Xfinity Stream app does not work with Apple TV. There is no other Xfinity app available for Apple TV at the time of publication.
What is Difference Between Comcast And Xfinity?
Comcast and Xfinity are two distinct brands that are owned by the same corporation. Comcast is the company that owns Xfinity. Xfinity is a company that provides internet and television services.
How Does Xfinity Stream App Works?
This app allows you to watch live broadcasts of your favorite channels. These channels are available for live viewing. On top of that, the cloud-based DVR allows you to watch an unlimited number of Xfinity On Demand titles as well as access all of your favorite shows.
Is Xfinity Stream Free With Internet?
Xfinity Stream is included for free with all TV and Internet packages.