Philips Hue is our favorite lighting system because it offers the most options and controls. Do you want to know How To Reset Philips Hue Bulb with Alexa? In this article, I will discuss how to enable the option to reset the Philips hue bulb.
You may need to swap bulbs between control systems if you’ve recycled an old bulb or acquired used equipment. In this instance, re-set your bulbs. Let us see how to do it using Alexa.
How To Get the Serial Number Of Philips Hue Bulb
In the event that you have a Philips Hue Bridge or are Connected with Alexa, you will have the easiest time resetting your bulbs. To begin, you’ll need to know the serial number of your light bulb.
In most cases, the serial number of a bulb can be located on the bulb itself, usually around the connector. Most likely, you’ll find the information you need on the control box into which the light strips and Hue outdoor lights are plugged.
Reset Philips Hue Bulb With Alexa
You can easily reset your Philips Hue Bulb if it is connected via the ZigBee hub or any other hub. But before resetting the bulb you need to get the serial number of the bulb you want to reset. To get the serial number follow the instructions mentioned above.
- Open you Alexa App in your Mobile Phone.
- Tap ‘+’ sign in the App and then select Add Device.
- Tap on the question mark and then tap on the link under how do I put my Zigbee device into pairing mode.
- Scroll Down till the end and then Select the Reset Philips Hue Light Option.
- Then a Text Box popup will appear in which you need to enter the serial number of the Bulb that you want to reset.
- Then Select Continue.
Now Alexa will reset the Hue Bulb and then will re-discover it and connect it to your Alexa Zigbee hub or any other hub you have.
When You Need To Reset Your Philips Hue Bulb?
You should only reset your Philips Hue Bulb when you are facing the below issues with it.
- If your Philips Hue bulb is not being recognized by Alexa devices, you can try a different bulb.
- If Your Philips Hue Bulb is connected to more than one Echo Devices. This can lead to a lot a issues and there can be sync issues and both Echo Devices may not be able to sync the correct state of the device.
- If your hue bulb is experiencing sync or color issues, you will need to reset it to start afresh.
- If you have mistakenly deleted detected hue bulbs from your Alexa app and they are no longer available for discovery, you can restore them.
How To Get Alexa to Rediscover the Philips Hue Bulb
So, using the above method you have performed the reset of your bulb but now the Alexa app is not able to find or discover the bulb. These are the common issues that occur follow the below steps to get the Philips Hue Bulb to be rediscovered.
- It is not showing up in Alexa on the PC or phone because you used the ‘Forget Button,’ and because may be you are using an old cell phone, there is nothing I can do about it. To access the Smart Home section of the Alexa app, select the Smart Home tab.
- Select the Help (?) icon from the toolbar.
- Philips Hue can be found under the Lighting section.
- Select Reset Philips Hue Light from the drop-down menu, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- After you enter the serial number and click Continue, the discovery process begins automatically.
I hope the above steps might have fixed the discovery problem. But usually after performing Reset Alexa will automatically search the bulb and it will be added to your devices list in the application.
I hope you were able to Reset your Philips Hue Bulb using Alexa using the above methods mentioned. Let me know in the comments section if you are still facing any issues. I will be happy to help you as soon as possible.
If you liked our content then please follow us on Facebook and Other social media platform. Also, check out our other posts.