UFC fans love ESPN, so it’s no surprise that the network has a dedicated following among them. Our smartphones and televisions are equipped with ESPN Plus, which can be accessed effortlessly. Although this ESPN Plus has the same drawbacks as any other streaming service, On all devices, the most frequent problem is ESPN Plus not working.
ESPN Plus is frequently unavailable due to an outage, a defective or poor internet connection, or harmful data and cache. Fortunately, if there is no downtime, resolving the ESPN issue is straightforward. In today’s article, we’ll look at how to fix ESPN Plus or black screen issues.
How To Fix ESPN Plus Not Working?
If your ESPN plus is not working then you can try the below methods to troubleshoot the problem and come to conclusion on how to fix the issue that is causing the ESPN plus to stop working.
Verify Your Internet Connection
Make sure your internet is working fine, you can run a program like YouTube to see if it’s working. Check your Internet connection by streaming a video. You can also check your internet speed and bandwidth with speedtest.net.
A poor internet connection may be the reason why ESPN isn’t working for you. Try moving your WiFi as close as you can to the streaming device if your connection is slow. An ethernet cable can also be used for high-speed internet. If you are still having sluggish internet speeds, you should contact your internet service provider.
Check Server Outage From ESPN
Because of issues with ESPN’s server, you may not be able to access ESPN Plus on some devices. You may check the ESPN Plus outage by visiting the down detector. If the issue is with ESPN, you can get further information there.
The ESPN Plus Twitter account is a good place to see if the service is still down. Sign in to Twitter and look through the most recent mentions about ESPN Plus on the service’s Twitter feed. A widespread outage will be reported by others on Twitter.
Power Cycle The Smart TV
If you are using the ESPN plus application on the Smart TV to stream the videos and shows then the power cycle of the Smart TV may fix the issue with ESPN plus not responding.
Problems with ESPN Plus may be solved by changing your smart tv’s power cycle. Many customers have reported success with this cure, and it is certain to help you with ESPN Plus. To accomplish this, you must follow the instructions outlined below.
- The first thing to do is unplug the power plug on your smart TV. Then, hold down the power button on your smart TV for about 10 seconds.
- Plug your router back in after 5 to 10 minutes.
- Connect your router and restart it now.
- It’s time to plug in your smart TV and start it up when the router has fully powered on.
- Open ESPN Plus application on your smart TV and check to see if it works.
If you do this, ESPN will fix all the problems that your smart TV doesn’t work well with. You can try the other fix below if it doesn’t work.
Uninstall and Install Again the ESPN Plus App from Your Smart TV
It might help if you reinstall the ESPN Plus app on your smart TV if this doesn’t work. To get ESPN Plus back on your Roku TV, follow these steps. You may also consider resetting your Roku TV.
- Go to the Roku TV home screen.
- Now, go to the ESPN Plus app and click on it.
- In order to do this, you’ll need to press the * button on the remote for your Roku.
- Now you can choose the channel that was removed from the list.
- Now, restart your Roku TV.
- On your Roku, find the most up-to-date version of ESPN Plus and install it now,
If you want to uninstall and install the ESPN plus on your Samsung TV then follow the below steps.
- Turn on the smart Samsung TV in your house. Then, you go into the app on your phone or tablet.
- If your TV has settings, now click on the gear-like icon on the right side of your screen.
- Now, choose the ESPN app from the list of apps and delete it from your phone.
- After you remove the ESPN Plus app from your Samsung TV, restart it.
- So now put ESPN Plus back on your Samsung TV, and then do the same thing again.
Now that you have reinstalled ESPN Plus on your smart TV, you will be able to use ESPN Plus again.
Contact Customer Support
If, after using all of the above methods, you are still unable to access your ESPN Plus account, you should contact ESPN immediately. They have an excellent customer service department, and if you are a Plus member, they will go above and beyond to assist you and ensure that you get access to your ESPN Plus account as quickly as possible.
I hope you were able to fix the ESPN not working issue using the above-listed method for troubleshooting. I have provided all the major methods that should work for you to fix this problem on your own.
Let me know in the comment section below if you were able to fix your issue or you are still not able to fix it and if that method is not present here then I will be happy to add it here.