Have you recently installed either Honeywell Thermostat or Google Home device? Learn how to connect Honeywell thermostat To Google Home.
I have recently purchased the Google Home device and I was already having the Honeywell Thermostat T6 pro installed at my house. While I wanted to get the freedom of using my Thermostat being controlled using the Google Home device, I wasn’t aware of how to connect both of them.
Then later I found a method on the Google website after a lot of struggle to conclude what should I do to connect both of them. And then control the Honeywell Thermostat using Google Home device.
Since most of the Google home devices provide you an opportunity to control the temperature of your house with just a command over your voice and it also makes it a lot simpler and removes the hassle of reaching out to the Thermostat every time you want to make changes on it.
Hence I will lay out the easiest step-by-step guide to connect the Honeywell Thermostat with the Google Home device. I will also provide all you need to integrate both devices completely.
You may connect your Google Home to a Honeywell Thermostat by opening the Google Home app, selecting “Menu,” clicking on “Home,” and then selecting “Devices.” In order to proceed, click on the “Add” button, pick the type of device that is connected, and follow the on-screen prompts.
How To Connect Honeywell Thermostat To Google Home
To make it short it is fairly easy to connect if your Honeywell Thermostat is supported to be compatible with Google Home Device. Follow the below bullet points to connect both devices successfully.
- Set up your Honeywell smart thermostat by following the instructions in the product manual.
- Make sure you have either your smartphone or tablet connect with same WiFi Network through which your Google Home device is connected.
- Open the Google Home app on your mobile or tablet device (if you don’t already have it, be sure to download and set it up first).
- The “Menu” button can be found in the top left corner of the screen. Simply click on it.
- Double-check to see if the Google Account you’re logging into is linked to your Google Home. Click on the triangle on the right side if you need to move between accounts.
- Make Sure you are back on the Home Page by Selecting the Home Button.
- Then navigate to “Devices” and click on the “Add” button at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Then you will find the various list of devices you want to add to the Google Home, Make sure you select the Thermostat and then follow the step.
- And that’s the end of it! When you’ve finished pairing the devices, click “Done.”
This should add your Honeywell Thermostat with your Google Home Device. And you can see in the app the active devices as the Thermostat you have currently.
How To Assign Honeywell Thermostat To A Room in Google Home
Now you have added the Honeywell Thermostat to the Google home devices page, you enjoy the voice assistance feature to its fullest you need to create a Room on your Google Home and assign the thermostat to the newly created Room.
Follow the below steps to create a Room on Google Home and Assign Honeywell Thermostat to it.
- Locate and launch the Google Home App on your smart device.
- The “Menu” tab will be located in the top left corner of the Home window. To activate it, press the button.
- Navigate to the “Rooms” tab, and you’ll notice a “Add” button on the bottom right of the screen. Choose one of the options.
- Choose either “SELECT A ROOM” if you already have the room created or “ADD A NEW ROOM” rooms are not created yet.
- If you wish to create a new room, go to “Custom room,” tap on it, type in a name for the room, and then tap “OK.”
- If you wish to add a device to the room, choose the box that appears next to the device you want to add and then press “Done.”
Using the above-mentioned steps you will be able to add the Honeywell Thermostat to the Rooms that you have created on your Google Home application.
List of Honeywell Thermostat Model That Can be Controlled With Google Assistant
Below is the list of the Honeywell Thermostat that you can connect and control using Google home devices. If you are having any other thermostat than the one below then you may need to upgrade your thermostat to the ones listed below.
- T10 & T9 Series and Pro series
- Honeywell Lyric Round Smart Thermostat
- T5 & T6 Series and the Pro Series
- Wi-Fi 7-Day Smart Thermostat
- Wi-Fi 9000 Touchscreen Thermostat
- EvoHome devices
So the above-listed Honeywell Thermostat models are supported and can be used and will be connected by Google Home.
Can you Use Honeywell Home App or Total Connect Comfort App with Google Home?
If you have installed either Honeywell Home App or the Total Connect Comfort App on your phone and you are wondering if these apps can be controlled as well with the Google Home device then Yes it can be controlled through Voice Commands.
Both apps are available for Android and iOS and work with a variety of devices. They can be used to operate as many thermostats as you like, even from halfway around the world. The apps help you adjust your home’s temperature.
They can monitor your HVAC system and energy usage, saving you money. Certain gadgets work with the Honeywell Home app, while others work with Total Connect Comfort. The Honeywell Home App or the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort App should work with Google Home and Google Assistant.
Both apps let you control your home temperature on supported devices. Both iOS and Android apps have all the settings. Utilize it with your Evohome WI-FI Thermostat or Evohome Security. Using the app and your thermostat, you can control your home’s heating from anywhere in the world.
What Makes Google Home and Google Assistant Different?
Alexa, One of the best-selling virtual assistants, was the target of Google Home’s introduction. However, the primary function of Google Home is to provide access to Google’s virtual assistant, Google Assistant.
Google Assistant is the company’s own virtual assistant. If you want to know what’s going on with your home electronics, this little voice on your speaker can help you out. To control it, you speak to it, and it responds accordingly.
To alter the temperature, check the temperature, and set the temperature in a specific room, use it with your smart thermostat. Google House, in a nutshell, is a useful tool that can help you make your home more pleasant. You can effortlessly connect your Honeywell thermostat to a Google Home device.
Google Home, like Echo, is a smart speaker that can play music but is primarily used to interact with Google Assistant. Google Assistant is Google’s voice assistant that can be woken up by saying “OK Google” or “Hey, Google”.
Google Assistant is great for smart home control. Because it’s voice-activated, all you have to do is tell it what to do. It’s like having your own personal assistant at home.
Honeywell thermostats are great for controlling the temperature in your home. You can control them using the Honeywell Apps or with the help of Google Assistant. By connecting your Google Home to a Honeywell Thermostat, you can enjoy full control of your home climate.
And you learned which Honeywell thermostats can be connected to Google Home and What control features and saving you can do with it.
If you are still facing any issues while connecting your Google Home with Honeywell Thermostat then please let us know in the comment section I will be happy to help you as soon as possible.
If you liked our content then please follow us on Facebook and Other social media platform. Also, check out our other posts.